HawkEye Platform Monitoring
Thanks for signing up to be a HawkEye Beta user! We’re excited to hear your feedback about the product and how we can shape it to be most useful for you.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to get started with HawkEye. Below are simple instructions for getting started monitoring your application. If you run into any trouble at all, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be glad to help you out.
The AppScale Team
Get Started with HawkEye
Sign up or login to HawkEye at https://portal.appscale.com
- If you already have an App Engine App ID, go to step 5.
- To obtain an App Engine App ID, visit: https://appengine.google.com/.
- Login with the same Google account you used when you signed up for the portal.
- Create a unique App Engine application ID by clicking “Create Application”. The application Title may be the same as your application ID or different. Use the default Authentication Options and click on the “Create Application”.
You can upload an application under your newly created App Engine App ID. To do so:
- Download the Google App Engine SDK for Python from here (You will need to have Python 2.7 installed).
- Download a version of the App Engine App “guestbook” by running:
git clone https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-guestbook-python.git
(You will need to have git installed)
- Upload guestbook by running:
<path-to-google-appengine-sdk>/appcfg.py –oauth2 -A <your-new-app-ID> update <path-to-appengine-guestbook-python>
- Visit your app at https://<your-app-id>.appspot.com