Build a hybrid cloud that gives you full compatibility with core AWS services, without the cost and security challenges of AWS infrastructure
AppScale lets you build a hybrid cloud by deploying cloud services from Amazon Web Services (AWS) on servers that you control.
By offering its own implementation of core AWS APIs — including EC2, S3, EBS and others — AppScale makes it possible to deploy and manage workloads on your own servers, using the same tools and processes as you would in AWS itself. Workloads can move seamlessly between AppScale environments and AWS itself at any time.
Put another way, AppScale lets you build an AWS private region using your own datacenter or servers hosted inside a colocation facility. Instead of being limited to AWS’s own infrastructure, AppScale gives you the flexibility to run your workloads wherever you want, while still leveraging AWS’s core services and tools.
With AppScale, you get the best of the public cloud, without the drawbacks:
- Consistent costs: AppScale pricing is based on a flat, monthly billing model, with no extra fees for data egress or API calls. Say goodbye to unpredictable AWS bills.
- Lower TCO: AppScale users report saving as much as 70 percent on their cloud computing bills as compared to AWS alone.
- Maximum flexibility: AppScale lets you decide exactly how and where your workloads run. Keep applications and data on your own, private servers when you need, while retaining the ability to move them into AWS itself -- and back again -- at any time.
- Air-gap workloads for total security and compliance: AppScale users can disconnect their workloads completely from the Internet if they wish, thereby achieving a level of privacy and security that the AWS public cloud just can’t match.
- Proven, time-tested software: AppScale is based on Eucalyptus, an open source platform that has powered hundreds of thousands of production workloads for more than a decade.
AppScale provides all of the core features and services you expect from the public cloud, coupled with the flexibility of a hybrid architecture.
Run virtual machines using the AWS EC2 API. You can use the same instance types, images and autoscaling configurations on AppScale that you use in AWS itself.
AppScale fully supports the AWS S3 and EBS APIs. Extend AWS object and block storage into a hybrid cloud environment, without having to store data on AWS’s servers unless you choose to.
Because AppScale is fully compatible with AWS’s core APIs, you can use the same management tools -- including CloudWatch, IAM policies and CloudFormation templates -- in an AppScale hybrid cloud as you would in AWS itself. You can also use the AWS CLI to manage AppScale environments, or use AppScale’s Web-based console.
AppScale gives you full control over your networking configuration. Build a network topology that suits your needs. Decide which workloads to expose to the public Internet and which to keep on private networks. Isolate workloads using native AWS networking abstractions like VPCs, and manage load-balancing using AWS EBS.
A Fully Managed Solution
In addition to providing software for implementing AWS services on your own infrastructure, AppScale offers full-service planning, deployment and management solutions. When you choose AppScale, there’s no guesswork about how to migrate to a hybrid cloud architecture that gives you all the flexibility of AWS, without the drawbacks.
AppScale handles capacity planning, cost and performance optimization and ongoing maintenance for you -- all at a lower cost than the typical AWS customer can achieve when using self-managed AWS services.
Get Started with AppScale
The AppScale deployment process is simple. Start by contacting us to discuss your needs. We’ll help you plan an AppScale environment suited to your workloads, then walk you through the implementation and testing processes. We’ll remain at your side after you have moved your production workloads into AppScale.
AppScale partners with colocation and datacenter providers to offer a fully managed, all-in-one hybrid cloud solution that helps datacenter customers take advantage of public cloud services within a hybrid environment powered by private servers. If your customers are facing pressure to move to the public cloud but don’t want to sacrifice control over their infrastructure, AppScale is the solution.