Quality Assurance Engineer
AppScale Systems (Santa Barbara, CA)
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with the Engineering team to maintain a high level of quality in the product. You will be joining a small team at a critical time to define the role and presence of Quality Assurance at AppScale.
- Finding the most efficient ways to test the AppScale product across dozens of platforms
- Identifying and smoothing out user pain points in the AppScale products
- Designing the best ways to manage and incorporate quality feedback from AppScale's user base
- Growing a high-quality QA team and defining the QA mission
- Testing, testing, testing!
- Highly detail-oriented
- Commitment to quality and a positive attitude to testing
- At least 2-3 years of experience in quality assurance or equivalent
- Extremely self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills
- Fun to work with, gets along with others and is able to work effectively in a team
- Programming experience, especially in a professional setting, a plus
- Test automation experience, a plus
- Knowledge of Google App Engine, a plus
About Our Stack:
AppScale is a Platform as a Service built on technologies such as Nginx and HAProxy for routing and load balancing, RabbitMQ and Celery for task queues, Cassandra and Zookeeper for data operations and storage, and Apache SOLR bringing search in the mix. If you want to learn more about AppScale software click here.